The Lower Elementary program at St. Paul’s includes children in the age range of 6 to 9 years (1st–3rd grades). The elementary program curriculum conforms to state guidelines for each grade level. Students attend classes between 8:00 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. five days per week. After-school care is also available. See our Fee Schedule for options and costs.
Each afternoon, the students participate in enrichment classes which are taught by specialized instructors. Classes attended on Enrichment Friday include Art, Music and Motor Skills.
Lower Elementary Program Goals:
- Build upon skills and concepts introduced in the Early Childhood Program
- Provide personalized instruction in Mathematics and Language Arts
- Present Cultural Subjects, Botany, Zoology, Physical Science, Geography, History, Language Arts, Writing, Mathematics, and Geometry as a totally integrated curriculum
- Enrich the curriculum through Art, Music, Fitness Education, Computers, Health, Science
- Equip students with tools for successful learning, including the use of technology for research and writing
The student–teacher ratio for lower elementary is 1 teacher for each 14 children.