The Toddler program at St. Paul’s includes children in the age range of 18 months to 3 years. Children do not need to be toilet trained to be enrolled in the Toddler Program. Program options available are:
- Half Day (8:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.)
- Full Day (8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.)
Full day students will rest after lunch. The student teacher ratio is 1 teacher for each 6 children.
- Provide a developmentally appropriate learning environment where children are free to explore and grow cognitively, physically, socially, and emotionally
- Foster self confidence and a good self-image
- Develop a positive attitude toward learning
- Enhance social skills
- Introduce developmentally appropriate Art and Music curriculum materials
In the Toddler Program, we are working on skills that will prepare the child to be able to understand academic concepts. In order for the mind to process learning, learning must first be done through the hands. Toddler children are provided with a fluid learning environment and hands-on activities that meet their developmental needs in the areas of cognition, gross and fine motor skills, language, independence, and social skills.